Hey, it’s been almost a month since I’ve posted anything in this space.
For starters, things in the personal life have taken a strange turn in that my stepdad has been missing since June 20. His single-engine Beechcraft Bonanza never arrived at its destination and the search was called off July 10. Needless to say, blogging and painting have taken a backseat.
But I’ve actually worked up something I thought was worth sharing, so here we go.
And I painted these Bile Thralls about two months ago but don’t think I ever posted pics. Well, I just did in the forums, but that doesn’t count. 😛
In painting these guys, I discovered some interesting things about the P3 paint line:
- Trollblood base is VERY good for painting things other than Trolls
- Turquoise ink isn’t just for Cygnar any more
- Morrow White + water + Future Floor Wax = great way to get “ghostly” effect (use a brush with a very good tip, paint in very, very thin layers)
- I need to use more Radiant Platinum
- Meridius Blue is another very under-used color
- Necrotite Green can be very distracting
Anyway, I have more Cryx to build in the morning, so I need to hit the rack.
I’ll try to be more regular about posting stuff. 😛 (Famous last words, I know…)